Thursday, March 20, 2014

Find A Grave - an experiment to transfer memorials

On Facebook (in some genealogy group) there was a thread that discussed experiences in having Find A Grave memorials transferred.  I decided to test this myself today by going to all of my parents', grandparents', and great-grandparents' memorials and requesting that they be transferred to me.

I now await the results.

UPDATE: My first 3 requests from my SC hometown (all from the same cemetery under the control of the same person) were honored in less than 4 hours.  

UPDATE 2: 3 more requests, this time from New Jersey (as with the previous set, from the same cemetery under the control of the same person) were just honored.  That set took a little over 2 days.  This leaves 1 in Florida and 3 in South Carolina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment